The Junior League of Palo Alto•Mid Peninsula (JLPA•MP) is actively soliciting applications from local nonprofits to create a strategic partnership together; with the goal of driving meaningful impact in the community while developing member leadership and volunteer opportunities. The Junior League of Palo Alto•Mid Peninsula is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
Eligible applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and their mission must align with the JLPA•MP’s focus area: improving the wellbeing of our community through programs and community partnerships that address the impacts of systemic poverty on the physical and mental health of individuals and families, including the lack of sufficient housing, food, and provisions. Grants will range in value from $5,000 up to $65,000. A portion of the funds must have the potential to benefit people or groups within the JLPA•MP service area (San Mateo to Sunnyvale).
All grant applications are due by November 15, 2023. Recipients will be notified in March 2024, and publicly announced in May 2024.
Restrictions in Community Grant Funding (items that cannot be funded):
- Fundraising events, including tickets or tables;
- Trips or tours exclusively for the organization’s personnel or attendance at conferences or events not related to the organization’s ongoing programs;
- Organizations without a non-discrimination policy;
- Endowment campaigns;
- Costs already incurred;
- Salaries for employees or contractors of the receiving agency;
- Education of any kind that includes any denominational or non-denominational religious component;
- Academic tuition to benefit an individual.
- Grant recipients (including the organization, the staff, and the board members) may not be listed as a Specially
Designated National (SDN) on the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) List. The full SDN list is available at: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx. JLPA•MP will conduct a check of all grant organizations (along with their staff and board members) on the OFAC List before awarding any grant money.
After submitting this application, please email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Proof of your organization’s 501(c)(3) status from the IRS
- A copy of your operating budget for the fiscal year in which you would receive funds from the JLPA•MP
Be sure to include your organization's name in the subject line of the email.
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.